I’d often wondered why I wrote a book, started this blog and made a podcast. I’ve heard many speakers say that they do it to serve others, but the thought of ‘serving others’ never resonated with me until I heard someone say they did it because it wasn’t about them. They’re right; it’s not about me.
The message about living with no regrets has nothing to do with me; it’s all about YOU. I want the thought of regret to make you so uncomfortable that it pushes you to do those things you’ve always wanted to do.
If I ever hear someone start a sentence with…
You know…I’ve always wanted to……
……my Bucket List Coach hat goes on and I am compelled to guide on fulfilling that dream; I can’t help it.
When you start a sentence that way, I want you to ask yourself these questions:
- When do you want to do it? Setting a date makes the dream real.
- What is the first step? Perhaps you need to research or ask someone that’s done it.
- How much will it cost, if anything? If money is a factor, figure out how much you need to save from each pay check to make it happen. Start saving and DO NOT TOUCH IT.
- How will you feel when you accomplish this dream? Visualize it happening, being there and how it will feel.
- If you died tomorrow, how would you feel if you didn’t accomplish this dream? If this is something you would truly be pissed you didn’t do, you will stick to the plan, save and make time for this.
This is YOUR dream.
It doesn’t matter how crazy or difficult it sounds, it’s for you and no one else. The people who are negative about it don’t have to live with your regret of not doing being someone else is trying to drag you into their comfort zone and live YOUR LIFE on THEIR terms.
That’s just BS.
Don’t get me wrong….I’m guilty of being influenced because I’m worried about being judged and disappointing or embarrassing the people I love. I’m the one preaching about getting out of your comfort zone, but it’s no secret, I do struggle with my own.
But…no one else lives in your head, but you. The people you fear judgement from don’t have to live with your regrets; you do.
That’s why I’m here. It’s not about me.
It’s not about my hang ups or my regrets or my fear of judgement, it’s about getting you over those things to see what’s on the other side.
You got this.
Lisa, Your Bucket List Coach